Unlimited ad-free trial! Owl Reader is a feature-rich client and offline reader for Pocket (Read It Later). It allows you to connect to your Pocket account, browse the list of articles you have stored there, and read the articles in a comfortable mobile view directly on your phone. It also allows management of stored articles – adding new links, deleting old ones, tagging articles or marking them as read or favorite.
Owl Reader is fully operational offline. Once you are logged in, you can browse or edit your article list even if you are not currently online. The text of articles (including images) can be downloaded for offline reading. This makes Own Reader perfect for reading articles from the web while you are travelling by underground or by an airplane.
Note that you need to have a (free) Pocket account in order to use the application. You can get one here: http://getpocket.com/signup
Features of Owl Reader:
- Familiar email-like interface
- Handles thousands of articles in the list
- Recycle bin for deleted articles
- Clean mobile view with fully customizable font and colors
- Two color schemes with easy switching
- Enable or disable landscape mode
- Position within an article is remembered
- Scrollbar for quick navigation throughout the article
- Automatic downloading of articles (including images)
- Background synchronization and downloading
- Three alternative services for mobile article parsing
- Support for YouTube videos (including thumbnails), videos can be opened in IE, Metrotube, or YouTube apps (WP8 only)
- Tags support
- Rich configuration options
Includes a bookmark that allows saving the current page from Internet Explorer even on WP 7.5 devices.
Trial version is fully functional, ad-free, and only displays a message occasionally.
- File Size: 2 MB
- Ratings: 4.5 star
- Prices: $2.49
- Requires: Windows Phone 7.5 or 8
- Download Owl Reader: Owl Reader
Owl Reader Application Requirements:
- phone identity
- owner identity
- data services
- HD720P (720×1280)
- WVGA (480×800)
- WXGA (768×1280)